Updated: Jan 24, 2020
Center for Peace and Environmental Justice (CEPEJ), CEPEJ, is pan-African non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and not-for-profit civil society organization established in 2007, formerly as the Niger Delta Re-orientation Project (NDRP), and later registered as Center for Peace and Environmental Justice (CEPEJ), CEPEJ.
We work nationally in communities and groups to identify community, social and Environmental challenges, as well as collectively develop partnerships to solve the issues.
The NGO wants suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Position: Admin and Business Development Manager
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Terms: Full time, permanent
Responsible for all finance and administrative functions in all CEPEJ Abuja
Office activities and projects/programmes.
Carry out business development engagements for the organization.
• Minimum of OND from any reputable tertiary institution.
A University Degree or HND in Accountancy, Business Administration or Management, Banking and Finance or any related discipline.
• At least 3-5 years experience in a similar or related role.
• Computer Literacy, with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to use quick book accounting system.
• First-rate customer service skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent management, communication, and interpersonal relationship.
Key Responsibilities (Job Description):
• Budget Preparation and Management.
• Design and develop all project timesheets of work hours.
• Analyze financial data and develop effective strategies to reduce operational costs and increase performance.
• Project Financial Reporting: Generate and prepare accurate periodic financial reports for submission to project donors in line with signed agreements.
• Documentation and reporting: Keep track of all expense documents, proper matching and filing of payment receipts associated documents, for easy retrieval.
• Files and Records: Maintain shelves where files are kept and arranged according to projects and other purposes to aid easy retrieval, replacement, and update.
• Develop and sustain solid relationships with stakeholders and partners/donor agencies.
• Maintain a good working relationship with key stakeholders on all projects.
• Analyze feedback data to determine whether partners are satisfied with the NGO’s activities and programmes.
• Provide insights into programmes development.
• Conduct researches to identify new opportunities.
• Collaborate with programmes department and management to determine the most viable, cost-effective projects and programmes to implement.
• Meet with potential partners and donors to discuss opportunities and negotiate partnership deals.
Perform any other duty that may be assigned.