The Center for Peace and Environmental Justice CEPEJ, CEPEJ, is a pan-African non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and not-for-profit civil society organization registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission CAC, Abuja, Nigeria.
We work in Communities, States, Regions and Nations across Africa to identify social vices confronting the continent, such as slums/gettoes, insecurity, human and environmental rights abuses, as well as leadership challenges, collectively developing partnerships to solve the problems.
CEPEJ, therefore, wants suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position.
POSITION: State Advocacy Coordinator.
Reports to Programmes Director.
LOCATION: Borno, Adamawa, Yobe, Gombe and Bauchi States
Type: Full Time.
Overall Purpose :
The State Advocacy Coordinator is to facilitate and support the work of CEPEJ's State Leadership Team, coordinate and support the work of the professional development network including programme coaches and implementation of activities; and to provide day-to-day management of the initiative, as well as to be the primary contact for the organization in the State.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or HND/OND in appropriate fields of study.
•Over 3 years experience in project management, including tracking and planning of projects, proposal drafting and development plans.
• Should have an intermediate level of computer proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint with experience in presentation to stakeholders and/or Senior Leadership.
• Should have proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
• The person should have interpersonal communication skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment.
Key Responsibilities (Job Description):
• Plans and facilitates monthly meetings of the team, prepares materials for the team, provides summaries and evaluation of meetings
• Facilitates training events; supports the work of the Programmes team, coordinates and supports implementation activities.
• Facilitates on-going communication among professional development members, and serves as liaison officer among Government organizations, State agencies, and the CEPEJ's State Leadership Team.
• Manages day-to-day work of CEPEJ at the State level, and in collaboration with the programmes leadership team; facilitates the evaluation of all the components of issues in the interest of CEPEJ.
• Develops appropriate evaluation procedures, gathers data, analyzes and summarizes data, and prepares reports.
• Participates in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature the capabilities for the Organization in the State.
• Provides status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership levels in the State.
• Develops and manages all aspects of the State project and programme engagements from planning to external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues.
• Coaches, mentors, motivates and supervises project and programme teams in the State, in collaboration with the State leadership team.
• .Performs other duties as may be assigned.
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letters along with their recent CV not later than 15th July, 2021, to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, nafisat_PM@cepejngo.org. Applications should be submitted via the above email addresses.
Applicants are required to apply only once. Please do not forget to mention the STATE you are applying for as the subject in mailing your application letter. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, while interview will be conducted at various locations between 20th and 30th of July, 2021.