Updated: Jan 24, 2020
Center for Peace and Environmental Justice (CEPEJ), CEPEJ, is pan-African non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and not-for-profit civil society organization established in 2007, formerly as the Niger Delta Re-orientation Project (NDRP), and later registered as Center for Peace and Environmental Justice (CEPEJ), CEPEJ.
We work nationally in communities and groups to identify community, social and Environmental challenges, as well as collectively develop partnerships to solve the issues.
The NGO wants suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Position: Communications/Networking Officer
Reports to: Senior Programmes Manager
Location: Abuja & Warri
Terms: Full-time and Permanent.
To increase the reach and impact of CEPEJ’s profile and visibility through the delivery of high value and influential networking, communications and PR, thereby significantly contributing to the development of new project partnerships and funding opportunities.
• Cognate experience as a Marketing & Communications Manager for a similar organization would be a strong advantage.
• Highly articulate candidates with excellent writing and presentation skills are preferred.
• Academic Qualifications.
A Bachelor’s Degree with a 2nd class upper division or above in the Social Sciences. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
• Candidates with proven ability to lead marketing and communication strategies are preferred.
Key Responsibilities (Job Description)
• Develop an integrated communication strategy for the organization, incorporating PR, Marketing off and on social media.
• Develop and deliver creative corporate communication strategies, plans and approaches to help market and position CEPEJ to attract partners and win projects, programmes and funds
• Plan, implement and direct marketing approaches including targeting, personalization of messages; data analysis, customer profiling and segmentation.
• Ensure the brand that CEPEJ represents meets expectations through monitoring current NGO/CSO trends, as well as partner and funder feedback.
• Manage, with other project officers, mailing lists on behalf of CEPEJ.
• Manage the Marketing & Communication budget and ensure that programme milestones related to communication and networking are achieved in time and within budget.
• Contribute to and strengthen fund raising proposals and funder reports to ensure that robust and creative marketing and communication considerations are adopted.
• Represent CEPEJ at external meetings and conferences.
• Act as the point of contact for CEPEJ with regard to external communication such as providing support with conference presentations.
• Coordinate (and in some cases manage) the work of external communication consultants and identify new consultants with additional expertise.
• Contribute to the overall development of CEPEJ's strategies and plans.
• Ensure that the values of participation, partnership, sustainability, social responsibility, cost effectiveness, transparency and accountability are reflected in his/her work
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• Interested and Qualified candidates should submit their application letters along with their recent CV not later than January 24, 2020, to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org nafisat_PM@cepejngo.org
• Or send hard copies to CEPEJ office located at (depending on vacancy positions available):
i. House 15, Road 23, 232 Crescent, Kado Estate, Abuja.
ii. No. 1 Africa for Peace Drive, Off Ugolo Road Junction, Near Osubi Airport, Warri, Delta State.
iii. Suite 24, 1st floor, Royal Plaza, along Gwarza Road, opp. BUK Old Site, near Red bricks Kabuga, Kano State.
• Applications should be submitted via the above email addresses. Applicants are required to apply only once. Please also do not forget to mention the position you are applying for as the subject in mailing your application letter.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and interviews will take place in various locations between 28th and 31st of 2020.