Center for Peace and Environmental Justice (CEPEJ), CEPEJ, is pan-African non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and not-for-profit civil society organization established in 2007, formerly as the Niger Delta Re-orientation Project (NDRP), and later registered as Center for Peace and Environmental Justice (CEPEJ), CEPEJ.
We work nationally in communities and groups to identify community, social and Environmental challenges, as well as collectively develop partnerships to solve the issues.
The NGO wants suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Position: Office Secretary
Reports to: Programmes Manager.
Terms: Full time and Permanent.
Responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including meeting and greeting guests, answering phone calls, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mails. May also schedule meetings and travel for executive assignments.
• Minimum of OND from any reputable tertiary institution.
• Computer Literacy, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• 2-3 years successful work experience in a front office setting or in another clerical position or hospitality business.
• Significant working knowledge of office procedures and basic accounting principles.
• Ability to effectively use and maintain office equipment.
• Outstanding communication skills (must speak English and Hausa fluently).
• Great organizational and multi-task abilities.
Key Responsibilities (Job Description):
• Make routine calls to specific people.
• Answer inquiries about CEPEJ.
• Greet visitors warmly and make sure they are comfortable.
• Call officers to meet their visitors and book a room to meet them.
• Schedule meetings and conferences.
• Ensure that the reception area is tidy at all times.
• Coordinate mail flow in and out of office.
• Coordinate office activities.
• Collect and distribute parcels and other mails.
• Perform basic bookkeeping, filing, and clerical duties.
• Record meeting minutes and dictations.
• Perform inventory of office supplies and order what is needed.
• Update appointment calendars.
Perform any other duty that may be assigned.
• Interested and Qualified candidates should submit their application letters along with their recent CV not later than January 24, 2020, to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com nafisat_PM@cepejngo.org
• Or send hard copies to CEPEJ office located at (depending on vacancy positions available):
i. House 15, Road 23, 232 Crescent, Kado Estate, Abuja.
ii. No. 1 Africa for Peace Drive, Off Ugolo Road Junction, Near Osubi Airport, Warri, Delta State.
iii. Suite 24, 1st floor, Royal Plaza, along Gwarza Road, opp. BUK Old Site, near Red bricks Kabuga, Kano State.
• Applications should be submitted via the above email addresses. Applicants are required to apply only once. Please also do not forget to mention the position you are applying for as the subject in mailing your application letter.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and interviews will take place in various locations between 28th and 31st of 2020.