Updated: Jan 24, 2020
Center for Peace and Environmental Justice (CEPEJ), CEPEJ, is pan-African non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and not-for-profit civil society organization established in 2007, formerly as the Niger Delta Re-orientation Project (NDRP), and later registered as Center for Peace and Environmental Justice (CEPEJ), CEPEJ.
We work nationally in communities and groups to identify community, social and Environmental challenges, as well as collectively develop partnerships to solve the issues.
The NGO wants suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Position: Programmes Manager
Reports to: National Coordinator.
Terms: Full time and Permanent.
The Programmes Manager is responsible for leading the team to deliver project(s), manage resources, schedules, finances, including management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery. The programmes manager is also responsible for the development of project proposals from start to finish, while networking with important contacts to ensure that contracts are awarded or funding is secured for the execution of projects.
Required qualifications :
• A Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study. A Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
• Over 5 years experience in project management, including tracking and planning projects, proposal drafting and development.
• Should have an intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint with experience in presenting to stakeholders and/or Senior Leadership.
• Should have proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
• Should have interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment.
Key Responsibilities (Job Description):
• Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adher to their responsibilities and project milestones.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
• Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
• Monitor staff performances and complete performance reviews.
• Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership levels.
• Act as an internal quality control check for CEPEJ projects, programmes or events.
• Develop and manage all aspects of project and programme engagements from planning to external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and programme team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and programme team.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• Interested and Qualified candidates should submit their application letters along with their recent CV not later than January 24, 2020, to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org nafisat_PM@cepejngo.org
• Or send hard copies to CEPEJ office located at (depending on vacancy positions available):
i. House 15, Road 23, 232 Crescent, Kado Estate, Abuja.
ii. No. 1 Africa for Peace Drive, Off Ugolo Road Junction, Near Osubi Airport, Warri, Delta State.